Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"outside lies magic"

So I read the article and I think it was pretty interesting that a professor is dedicating his life to helping people take chances and learn how to stand back and look at the little things that make life so special and interesting. As we start to think about our senior project for next year I think it is important to step back and look at the whole purpose behind our concept and focus on how people will perceive your idea…so I think that this reading was important because it makes you look at every day circumstances and find something special in them. The author says “exploring ordinary landscape sharpens all the skills of exploration”, and I totally agree with him because when we dive out of our box and explore new areas in ways we might have not explored them before we find out new info about ourselves and the spaces around us. It is important that we do not just make a project up with no ideas and further meaning behind it than just the obvious function. This article has sort of helped me to open up refuse to resist the lack of “topic structure”. “Exploration is a liberal art, because it is an art that liberates, that frees, that opens away from narrowness.” I especially feel that this is a great point because all of us in this program are considered artist so we definitely don’t have any reason to be close minded and ordinary! So from this day forward I am going to focus on my surroundings and try to record my explorations!!!! : )

No comments: